Thursday, September 20, 2012

on siblings, because life is better in company

because life is better in company
I didn't always know if I wanted to have kids, but I did always know that if I had one, two would be the minimum. I can't imagine my life without my siblings. They have been an integral part of every step and of who I am. They taught me to share, resilience, and were also key allies in the nomad life. The only people that knew my story. This  made us  very close to this day.

I always tell my kids that the greatest gift I'll probably ever give them will be each other. Knowing that you have a partner in crime,  an ally, a friend that will be there rain or shine. And the comfort for me, to know that once I am gone, once their father is gone, they will still have each other.

That, to me, is siblings.